duckyxdale

11/07/2006

Heroes - Chaper 7 "Nothing to Hide"


Did our favorite new show go from Heroes to Zeroes in the matter of one episode? Last night's episode of the usually stellar Heroes was pretty much pointless and craptastic. Hands down the worst episode of this show so far (I know, it was only Episode 7) but for their first episode of sweeps, this is what they come up with?

Something smells and it ain't the dead, frozen, decapiated bodies we're used to, nor is it the charred flesh of that nurse's arm from Radioactive Man... it's the smell of bad writing and even worse acting. Oh yes I did!

I'm gonna get creamed for this, but seriously could the Greg Grunberg storyline be more pointless and could his power be less lame? And his acting? Maybe this serious cop is out of his element because there is not one moment that I found true in all the scenes from last nights show. Not the one with his wife when he realizes she's been messing around. Not the one with his cop buddy when he realizes he's the one that's been sctupping his wife. Not the hideously and almost unwatchable hospital scene where he's reading Cancer Girls last dying thoughts and telling them to Radioactive Man so he'll let the hostage nurse go. It was like a Lifetime movie, and not a good one! I'm talking one starring Haylie Duff bad.

It's not that I don't like Grunberg because I do. There's just something so bland, contrived, and senseless to his character and storyline. And Clea Duvall (who I normally adore) is about as believable an FBI agent as Ming Na was in Vanished. It's gross miscasting and the dialogue for the FBI scenes is written as well as that of Vanished... and by as well I mean as bad. Seriously painful.

Move Matt's storyline along already. Get him away from that whore of a wife and toward the other Heroes and then we'll talk. Right now, his storyline and character is expendible.

Okay so there was the whole Radioactive Man subplot but I just don't get that yet. Is he responsible for blowing up NYC? Is he the bomb that triggers the explosion? Did anyone else think he looked like Isaac?

So why focus so much on the Cop when we have such juicy dish going on in Odessa, TX? Claire's brother finds the tape of Claire trying to kill herself any way possible (including a never before seen shot of her getting hit by a car and flying through the windshield!!!!) and she must do everything in her powers to convince him to not tell their parents. Man, it was a great mix of urgency played out in an age appropriate manner. It was typical brother/sister hijinks with much greater consequence. When she turned on the adoption, they won't love me tears I couldn't tell if that was a ploy or if it was the real deal. Regardless, it was amazing. As was the "YouTube's free, you idiot" line!

See, that's a very compelling and immediate storyline to follow yet there was barely enough screentime allotted. More Cheerleader damnit!

What else was good? Micah has powers as well. How could he not? With a split personality Mom and a wall walking Dad we knew Micah had to be blessed with something. Not only can he manipulate technology, the boy can lie like the Devil! He don't care. I love that he also knew he wasn't speaking to his true Mother. Great exchange.

Nathan's wife (played by Rena Sofer) is in a wheelchair and we know that Nathan had something to do with it but what is still the big mystery. Um, and what about her demanding a reason for her to want to walk again? She's so onto him. He's busted big time for the affair in Vegas. She may be crippled but she ain't simple. I dont know where that line came from or why it should make sense, it's close to a line in my 6th grade play that Sue Eyer had to say but really it has no relevance to Heroes or that wife of Nathan's. Wow, long tirade.

What else? Hiro saved the day again and was just super cute but nothing big there either.

Um, and lastly... Peter played with his hair and Simone's Dad died.

Next week looks killer though! I can't wait to see what goes down. What did you think? Love, hate, indifferent? Have our Heroes fallen already?

4 Comments:

  • I agree that last night's ep. was a little slow. I have a question about Radioactive man that could be potentially embarassing. I thought they went into his house because they were looking for Sylar. Is he or is he not Sylar?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 02:31:00 PM  

  • They thought that he might be Sylar because of the body they found but he is more than likely so not Sylar.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 11/07/2006 02:46:00 PM  

  • I love your blog here, but I'll have to respectfully disagree about Greg Grunberg. Honestly, his character really moves me, really taps into me as a person. I like his storyline, because it's real. It may not be as fast-paced as some of the other storylines, but it's emotional and heartfelt. When that tear moved down his cheek as he communicated with Ted, I almost cried. Matt was almost jealous of this pair, because, even though she was dying, she loved her husband, and she wanted him to know that. This is the kind of relationship he doesn't have, but so desperately wishes he did. It's human, and though I know the title of this show is, "Heroes," I like some humanity.

    Love the Claire storyline, and really loved the exchange with her buddy Zack and her freaked out little brother. It's nice to see everything unraveling for her. I really missed HRG, though. I just love his relationship with Claire, and how he has a twinge of manipulation and creepiness, mixed with honest love for his chromosome-challenged daughter.

    I have never liked Peter more than I did this week. I really liked how frank he was at the brunch, and then how he covered his brother's butt, knowing it would manipulate Nathan into helping with the painting. These two have never felt more like brothers to me than they did in their final scene together last night.

    Overall, I liked this episode more than last week's. I guess, because I'm really not a Nikki fan, or an Ali Larter fan. Correction, I like Ali Larter, just not in this role. So, this week was a lot more refreshing for me, a break from all her melodrama and overacting.

    I guess we'll agree to disagree. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 05:58:00 PM  

  • Back away from Nikki. LOVE HER.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/08/2006 10:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home