duckyxdale

12/20/2006

Current TV : My New Favorite Network

So there is this little known but hugely amazing station called CURRENT. It's informative, it's entertaining, and it's incredibly ahead of its time and folks... it's interactive. The network airs predominantly socially conscious, politically motivated, diy-activist type programming broken into 30 minute "topic" blocks. It's completely viewer produced segments that run as an almost youtube-ish stream of consciousness but so well done it's like watching a bunch of mini-documentaries.

To me its almost as revolutionary as when MTV began in 1981 - it blew my mind. I love that a whole network is dedicated to social awareness and the interactive nature of today's youth.

That being said, last night they did a hysterical piece with a Jewish man wanting to learn about Christmas. Sure he could have talked with some folks, or even read a book but this being the technology age he wanted to see what history he could learn from YouTube! It's genius. He found a clip called "2001 Opening Christmas Presents in Menifee" and sweet Jesus, did he learn the meaning of Christmas.

Watch and say it with me... ASPARAGUS... YEAH!









Brilliance

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I have to post a comment to my post because I just watched this video again and it makes me laugh so hard.

    "Sunflower thingy - yeah!"

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 12/20/2006 10:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home