duckyxdale

10/30/2006

Studio 60...Seconds from Being Canceled?

According to this article in Market Day, one of my new favorite shows, NBC's Studio 60 is about to be canceled even though they just ordered 3 extra scripts last week! HELP, I'd tell you to watch tonight but NBC has already pulled the show this week to see how Friday Night Lights performs post Heroes.

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 29 (UPI) -- "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" is about to be canceled, despite NBC's ordering three additional scripts for the U.S. show, Fox News reported Sunday.

NBC had no comment on the report.

Cast members are already confiding in friends the end is near, Fox said.

"Studio 60" had 7.7 million viewers last week, compared with 17.5 million for competing "CSI: Miami," Nielsen Media Research said.

The NBC show's replacement will likely be a reality program or a game show, Fox said.

"Studio 60" takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show of the same name whose format is similar to NBC's "Saturday Night Life."

3 Comments:

  • That is so depressing! Thanks for the info. I just started watching this show last week, and it's well-written and well-scripted. The characters are interesting, and I don't think I've seen Matthew Perry in a better post-Friends role! Thanks for the headsup. I would have been really confused tonight, looking for Studio 60 after Heroes and finding something else.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/30/2006 05:29:00 PM  

  • Ugh, this makes me sick! It's my favorite new show and I'm pissed they may cancel it. When is NBC going to get their heads out of their a$$es!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/31/2006 12:02:00 AM  

  • NBC did have a comment, they said the show isn't canceled and the show is still profitable. This is the very reason that I don't watch anything Fox related. They have vested interest in the show being canceled so they blatently lied to help kill it by keeping potential viewers from checking it out if it DOA. Fair and Balenced my ass.

    By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 11/01/2006 04:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home