duckyxdale

10/24/2006

Veronica Mars "Charlie Don't Surf"

I don't have a ton to say about this episode other than it was a bombardment of witty banter and actual emotion while still moving the central mystery forward without being expositional or obvious. Wait a minute, I think I just had a lot to say about this episode.

I will say now, right here, this second that if Dick Casablancas turns out to be a raper, er sorry rapist, I will be pissed. I can't imagine they would do that but I'm trying to think of who or what did this to the women of Hearst. Is there a possibility it's a girl or a pack of the femi-nazi's doing it as a statement about fraternal life and the disgusting nature of
men? Is it really the Asian boy we saw with Claire at the ATM machine or is he just an unlucky fellow caught on tape? The possibilities are endless I guess as we're not even half way through the first arc. Only time will tell.

I absoloved and dug the chemistry between Laura San Giacomo and Enrico! I know they worked together for years and years and that a friendship and trust can transcend the camera but hot damn they were incredible together. The pain in her face when she realized her husband really wasn't cheating on her was gut wrenching because she had actually emotionally removed herself from the relationship and was into Keith. I really hope they bring her back later in the season.

I don't know what I think of Logan actually having a half-brother. Trina is one thing, but interjecting another Echolls offspring on us will be quite interesting. Do you think he will be the savior or the downfall for our beloved and troubled Logan? He had an honest face, the real Charlie Stone, so I'm intrigued to see where this goes.

Can we talk about the shirtless man candy tonight? It was insane. We had Dick, Logan, and Not Charlie. It was quite the mangasm on VM and really is anyone complaining?


As I mentioned before, I found the episode to be incredibly chalk-full of quips and snappy comebacks, here are a few of my faves.

Veronica (upon finding Dick in her entry way): "If you're not shooing it out with the newspaper, I'm stomping on it."

Keith (to a suited up Veronica): "Starting going to Church or addressing the Junior League?"

And finally, the best line of the night courtesy of Dick Casablancas...

Dick (to Veronica): "We're a frat; why rape the cow when you're swimming in free milk"

1 Comments:

  • Loved this episode, too! Although it does seem a little too easy for the caught-on-tape Asian fella to be the rapist. Perhaps I'm just not used to these newfangled mini-mystery arcs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/25/2006 11:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home