duckyxdale

7/21/2006

So You Think You Can Dance
Results Show
July 20, 2006







For what must be the 6th straight week, the SYTYCD kids pull out a killer (this time quite literally) routine. A goth/punk/Corpse Bride-esque dance set to Ramalama (Bang Bang) by Roisin Murphy, possibly Howler Mary Murphy's cousin? Jon thought it looked a little too "Backstreet's Back" - maybe Wade Robson had something to do with that. Brian Friedman wishes he was Wade Robson? Just sayin'.

A new week, a new girl missing from the opening routine. With all the death make-up I couldn't tell who it was at first. I thought it was Donyelle again. Then I saw her so I thought, oh Martha is gone (wishful thinking) then saw her stupid smile shining through the cobwebs. There's Heidi (not to be completely rude but she didn't look that different - it was the Cabbage Patch version of Chucky out there) then Allison swung by and I realized... Nats was missing. WTF?

Nigel commented on the ratings and I'm not sure if he pulled a Donald Trump by pumping his own show up more that it was but when I checked numbers on Thursday morning, SYTYCD was #2, right behind that idiotic ABC talent show which I refuse to even mention by name. If that changed during the day, CONGRATS TO SYTYCD but Nigel Trump might want to double check his numbers.

Time for our Bottom 2 Girls America:
Donyelle was up first... SAFE!
Martha - Bottom 2
Allison - Safe
Natalie - Bottom 2
Heidi - Safe

*Why are they wearing their solo outfits from last night? Did the wardrobe girl completely freak out at the possibility of another outfit change and just flat out refuse? I had to rewind because I wasn't even sure it was LIVE anymore.

Bottom 2 Guys America:
Ryan - Bottom 2

Travis - Cute Socks, I mean Safe
Benji - Why is there a ring on his Left Ring Finger? Safe
Ivan - Safe
Dmitry - Bottom 2

America got it right with the dial-ins this week, lets cross our fingers it continues. I had read some possible theories/spoilers on the voting. I know, like you can find these numbers out... They were originally saying Travis was in the Bottom 2. Do you know how many knees I had to break between 5pm and 9pm last night to ensure that wasn't the case? Tiring that knee breaking business. My BF Travis Wall is safe though so it all paid off! I'm going to be giving Jean Marc Pesci a run for the money in the whacking business!

Aside: So I happened to catch a commercial... Seriously like the first one all summer and it was for STANDOFF, another one of Fox's new Fall shows. First off, I love Ron Livingston just so you know. I also love me some Gina Torres but the real stand out here is that the skyline setting over the STANDOFF title/logo card is Boston! Is this thing set here? God knows they ain't filming here so this is the first I've heard. I'll keep you posted.


Solo Performances:

Quick thoughts: Um, why are they performing the same solos in the same outfits? That's annoying. They best be changing it up next week or this is going to get old real quick.

Martha still puts me to sleep. Martha's only 19. Seriously?

Ryan was once again too slow. He's been beaten down by this show. Good thing he's going home in a couple minutes...

Nats right knee is bandaged, probably explains the no show in the opening number. God, she's crying again. It's all acting, that bitch fooled me last night. I even downloaded her song. Curses!

Dmitry's performing that 48th solo routine for the 49th time and for the 49th time, I'm over it. All I could think was... Is he going to rip that stupid shirt off again? You know that wardrobe girl was in back sewing those buttons back on this morning cursing his Russian ass. "Rip those buttons off again and you'll have a boot shaped bruise on your forehead..." Get it, Russian... Boot shaped mark... Gorby? Forget it.


STOP THE PRESSES:

Nigel just announced that they are putting together a TOP 10 DANCERS TOUR! Seriously, I just slid off my couch like Travis on that bench last night! GMMR and I will be in the front row (that is if My BF Travis Wall hasn't slapped me with a restraining order by then) - who knows, we both could land in jail after this tour. She for molesting Jailbait Ivan and I for breaking the restraining order! It will be glorious... gay, but glorious!



Chris Brown
performs... at least he's a dancer so there's some relevance to the show unlike the strippers the week before. CB, stick to dancin' bc your singing blows. Fast Forward.

Results:
Ladies First. Martha is sent packing. She performs her first and final solo for the third and final time... let that one sink in for a second. Yeah... All the suddenly pissed! Martha is suddenly a lively, fun, energetic, playful contestant. Where was this personality all the weeks prior. I actually liked Martha for exactly 48 seconds. This show never ceases to amaze.

The gents are up. I actually feel bad for Ryan, the judges were so harsh and he was really going out on a low... Wait, Cat just took an unusually long pause... What the hell? Dmitry's going home instead! That was a pleasant surprise. Don't get me wrong, Ryan is next but I'm so happy I don't have to see Dmitry's 48th solo for the 50th time that I actually get up and rip my shirt off! Too bad it only ripped the bottom of the shirt off so it now looks like I'm wearing a white cotton cape - damn Hanes neckline and my weak arms.

Quote of the Night:
Cat Deely: "Get that shirt off and dance for us!"

And after 2 mis-cues Dmitry obliges to everyone's delight. The other contestants rush the stage and rewatch it if you have it saved because right after Ivan jumps on Dmitry, Benji sneaks around, picks up the ripped shirt and I swear he sniffs it before sticking it in his pocket. Watch it, you might see that. You don't know!

Download: Ramalama (Bang Bang) by Roisin Murphy
Roisin Murphy - Ruby Blue - Ramalama (Bang Bang)


8 Comments:

  • If they really make that tour, I'll travel hours to see it! (I'm a poor little canadian) And then I'll look at Travis and have a heart attack...but wathever, I'll die a happy girl.

    Your sytycd entries are amazing, I read them every week :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2006 11:40:00 AM  

  • Did you not see the ring on Benji's finger when he did that last routine with Donyelle? You could see it during the rehearsal footage. He even had it on when he was pulling his partner and dance type from out of Cat's hat. Look again if you still have it. Although I must admit, I did not notice until someone else mentioned it and I had to go back and check it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2006 02:07:00 PM  

  • I did notice and even mentioned it in the posting here. I completes forgot to get back into it though, lets discuss. What do you know, when do you know it?

    Did he get married to the one of the members of Savage Garden because that was all over the news this week.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/21/2006 03:50:00 PM  

  • Marie, I totes went over and stole some pics. LOVE them! You rule for posting them I'll link to them.

    Marcy, the stars at night are big and bright... glad you enjoy!

    turtisme, blab away! Why not! I love it.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/21/2006 03:51:00 PM  

  • I'm so sad to see Dmitry go... ruined my whole day today. No way he was going to win, but I'm a chest-lover!! I'm stilled charmed by Benji, though! I noticed the ring several episodes ago and have been studying it... maybe its one of those Irish things, you know, word starts with "c". The heart/hands thing? You wear it facing one way if you are available and another if you aren't?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2006 05:55:00 PM  

  • With regards to Benji's ring, I believe it's a mormon thing. It's called a "CTR" ring (Choose the Right). Don't really know much more than that.

    Ducky, love your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2006 11:10:00 PM  

  • I've heard about the CTR rings before... I've got zero interest if that really is the case. It's only fun to gossip if we think he's married or trying to convince us all he's married.

    snooze.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/22/2006 01:35:00 AM  

  • I knew it was a "c" word, an Irish wedding ring also known as a "claddagh". But I think anonymous is right. Still ducky, what are we but dreamers... it can be anything we want!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/22/2006 08:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home