duckyxdale

7/28/2006

So You Think You Can Dance
Results Show
July 27, 2006







Is anyone else in complete shock that Allison got kicked off last night? Obviously noone was more shocked then Allison naturally but Natalie, Ivan, and Travis all did head jerks and their mouths flew open when the ever so beautiful and Motherly Cat Deely whispered Allison Holker's name. Natalie looked like this picture of Paula (that I love for its glorious mess), Allison held her composure like a true champion and went on to perform one hell of a solo around and against My BF Travis Wall. Not that Allison was always my favorite but there was no way I expected her to go before Natalie or possibly even Cousin Heidi. Still a little shocked; not Chris Daughtry shocked mind you, but shocked nonetheless.

The opening dance number while cute was hands down the weakest of them all. Tyce Diorio should have his dance card removed for creating such a non-group dance. It all revolved around Travis (not that I'm complaining there) and it was just so slow and intentional that it bugged me. Everyone was doing their own thing which left them unconnected as a group... the point of a group dance is to be a group! Just thinking outloud here. It was fine but not spectacular. Wade was at home laughing his ass off at that routine, mark my words. Maybe in a week that didn't follow the goth/death/Corpse Bride dance it would have stood out but lets face it, in comparison it was pretty bad.

Lil' Kim, Macy Gray & Queen Latifah - Chicago - Cell Block Tango (He Had It Comin')
"Cell Block Tango" from Chicago (Original Broadway Recording)



The judges were particularly quiet (besides Howler Mary, The Queen of the Scream) and polite last night, don't you think? Dan Karaty got a new haircut, possibly for an upcoming West Side Story-esque danceoff with BFree. Nigel made up some ratings figures again and Cat (in stunning straight hair and beautiful Navy dress) announced that nearly 10,000,000 votes were cast Wednesday night. Well thanks to those 10m fans because I was snoozing.

So the bigger guy in the audience from Wednesday night that was holding up the electric "look at me I'm in Blue Man Group" sign was Benji's dad! I nearly died because even Benji was like, "WTF?"


The Ladies:
Cat looked really nervous before announcing the Bottom 2 girls; it made me love her more. Natalie and Allison were holding hands and kissing each other - they obviously bonded during this competition which was kind of sweet to see. Here we go...
Donyelle - Safe (and so excited, she damn near knocked Cat over with that hug)
Natalie - Bottom 2
Heidi - Safe (but what's with her trailer park, just stepped out of the shower and all I had was some Aqua-Net and soup cans to do my hair look?)
Allison - Bottom 2 (Wait, What?)


The Guys:
Wait, Benji and Ryan are coupled? That means that obviously Ryan is Bottom 2 but that also means that either Jailbait or My BF are in the Bottom 2 as well and there is no way! NO WAY!
Benji - Safe
Ryan - Bottom 2
Ivan - Safe
Travis - Bottom 2 (Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, my worst fear from last night is coming true. Our whole relationship flashed before my eyes - he on tv dancing in a field - me in my living room gazing longingly; he dances and dances and dances at a safe distance of 3000 miles and cable wires while I gaze longingly and blog about him! I'm sure it was the same for him)

Ivan looked so worn out from the night's events. He went back to Benji, hugged him and just buried his head on Benji's neck. It was sweet, like Benji was Ivan's Dad and he needed comforting. Ivan was devastated.



The Solos:

Natalie performed some form of dance known in certain circles as The Hissy Fit. She gave it her all though; balls to the wall including flips that made my knees hurt! It was raw and from the heart no matter how spastic it was and I think this girl is a little angry inside - her music selections over the last two weeks have been on the verge of suicidal. But it works!

Charlotte Martin - Veins - Veins
"Veins" by Charlotte Martin



Ryan's umpteenth solo bugged me. He only gets 30 seconds and he spends half of it doing a slow walk to center stage. Dude, seriously? Nigel took a moment to justify and therapize (I know, not a word - Mary J. can do it, why can't I?) his disconnect from Ryan. He's surmized that Ryan's not secure with his own being and that's why he doesn't come across as a soulful performer. In short, Ryan get over your infatuation with Nats and accept that you like men. Just sayin'.

Chris Brown - Chris Brown - Just Fine
"Just Fine" by Chris Brown



Allison's performance was so sexy and mature; her extension were amazing, and wow did she just slip? I can never tell with Contemporary if some of those moves are intentional or not. Regardless, it was beautiful and powerful accompanied by Buble's song.

Michael Bublé - It's Time - Feeling Good
"Feeling Good" by Michael Buble



Travis of course worked it out! I had this moment while watching: "Oh god he's running; why is Travis running across that stage? He's gonna do some sort of flip! No, he's wearing a knee brace, he can't flip! Don't flip Travis! DON'T!!! Oh, okay he was just running. I knew that!" Why is he in the Bottom 2?

Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This - Gotta Get Thru This
"Gotta Get Through This" (acoustic) by Daniel Bedingfield


They just pointed out Nick Lazzarini, Season 1 winner of SYTYCD who was holding up a "TRAVIS" sign. Start the rumor mill and cue Nicole Richie "That's Hot!"


Nigel announced the fall tour!
For dates click here (posted here early this morning). I want Cat to join them, wouldn't that be fun!



The Results:

The Ladies: Allison. ALLISON? Still shocked. Travis looked like he was about to pass out while Allison worked him during her final solo. Poor baby.

Maxwell - Now - This Woman's Work
"This Woman's Work" by Maxwell or better yet, do yourself a favor and download the original which makes me cry everytime I hear it. It was also featured in She's Having A Baby perfectly.

Kate Bush - The Sensual World - This Woman's Work
"This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush


The Guys: Cat, you best not announce his name. You can't. I won't watch ever again. I just won't. Say it Cat! SAY IT! SAY RYAN'S NAME! "Ryan" Phew. That wasn't too bad.

Chris Brown - Chris Brown - Ain't No Way (You Won't Love Me)
"Ain't No Way" by Chris Brown



I've received a couple emails asking that I post which songs they play at the end of each episode. For the ladies it's the far superior KT Tunstall. The gents are ousted to Matt Goss.

KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope - Suddenly I See
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall


Matt Goss - It's the End of the Road (From the TV Show "So You Think You Can Dance") - Single - It's the End of the Road
"It's the End of the Road" by Matt Goss


As always, to continue discussing SYTYCD, head on over to TVGuide's blog by Sabrina! For great videos, head on over to rickey.org.

9 Comments:

  • Yes - I am shocked. I can't believe Allison left and Heidi (ugly Jessica Simpson) remains. Also, I'm convinced that Allison and Ivan are having a puppy love affair.

    By Blogger boredom blogger, at 7/28/2006 11:40:00 AM  

  • They should have you write the recaps at fox.com!

    Pooor Travis, he looked so depressed. And I heard that Ivan cried during the break :'(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2006 11:41:00 AM  

  • BB, um she's more anorexic Reese Witherspoon than ugly Jessica Simpson because Jessica's already pretty gross. I too think Allison and Ivan have a little fling. They are too cute together.

    Marie, bless you for saying that. I know they wont, but keep spreading that word! Gospel (picture Nigel or Mary praising).

    Cubbybear, if you read my recap from Wed. I too thought Donyelle and Nats would be in the B2 but somehow the tides turned. I think it was a Mario/Tamyra Grey sitch where people thought she'd be better off without that contract.

    Either that or when Nigel mentioned High School Musical, people just tuned out.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/28/2006 11:59:00 AM  

  • Now Ducky, don't hate on Tyce for one bad choeography. He has had some killer ones this year! I mean, I know he is no WADE, but you wouldn't give up on Travis for one bad performance, would you?

    I completely was shocked about Allison, but the truth is that, while she is good, she obviously just didn't have something that America is looking for - or they just didn't vote (a la Chris Daughtry). I for sure thought Nat should be going, and fully expect it next week (even though she IS adorable).

    PS. Just for you I FF'ed right thru Busta. But that is all I did...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2006 12:36:00 PM  

  • Im still incredibly shocked about Allison! i had some sort of dream about sytycd last night & woke up wondering (& hoping) that it was really thursday & i had dreamt it all. i do love natalie & am glad it wasnt her but i also loved allison. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2006 12:43:00 PM  

  • linzmcc, I know I know... you will quickly find that there is no rhyme or reason to half of my ups and downs with people, places, and things. I will often ban something one day and a week later praise it. I'm wishy-washy like that! Keeps life interesting. Tyce is great and has consistently had amazing routines. I just was shocked at how "off" it was last night.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/28/2006 01:20:00 PM  

  • I feel kinda let down by Donyelle lately... really thought she would be in the bottom two! I'm sad to see Allison go, seeing as how she is the only one who has admitted she wants to dance for Celene Dion (still think that is a form of punishment). Why the drama with Travis? And what the heck is up with Dmitry sitting next to Natalie's mom in the audience and waving a sign for her!? Are THEY an item?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2006 06:41:00 PM  

  • Ducky!!! I'm late! I'm late for an important date!!! *stops channelling "Alice in Wonderland"*
    But, I'm really late and I'm sorry about that.

    I had one of those weeks like you did, sans the Loreal ordeal (hoping all is right with your bathroom and hair-do).

    On to the show, I came away with three very interesting observations about this week.

    1. Benji and Heidi were worth waiting for all these weeks. INCREDIBLE!

    2. The contemporary dancers on the show are very cliquey and think they are better than the hip-hop and ballroom/partner dancers.

    I was VERY disappointed in the caddy laughing by Allison and Natalie because they thought it was so ridiculous they were in the bottom. And, they were ignoring Heidi when she was wishing them well. It made me lose some of my respect for them. Nothing I hate more that bitchy, full of themselves dancers (I do admit, I could be reading Allison wrong, but I came away with a pretty clear understanding that Natalie loves herself....a lot) .

    Travis was the only one of them that I felt was really classy about it. But, he's good peeps you can tell.

    3. I was thinking the same thing about a Dan Karaty and BFree throw down match. I'd pay good money to see that one come to fruition. You can just picture it Karaty would be all, "you don't understand how hard smooth hip-hop is beoytch". Then, BFree would say, "Sorry, spikey, I don't care. I call it like it see it, Danny boy!". Ahhhh, the drama....

    Oh and I FFwd through Busta, too. No way am I going to spend a moment of my time on someone that offensive and ignorant. Get a clue before you rap, then use your mic for something worthwhile!

    I was shocked about Travis and Allison being in the bottom. I thought forsure that Natalie would be going home. Allison was just starting to grow on me.

    My call for the final four is:

    Girls: Donyelle and Heidi
    Boys: Benji and Travis

    Best to you and Jon, Duckman!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/28/2006 08:38:00 PM  

  • did you see how pissed off Ivan was after Allison did her solo with Travis?

    I think that Allison and Ivan had a thing and Travis found out and kept his mouth shut and didn't tell anyone that he liked Allison, but then Allison and Ivan broke up and Travis made his move and now there together.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/10/2006 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home