duckyxdale

8/17/2006

So You Think You Can Dance - Finale Part 2

So You Think You Can Dance
Season Finale - Part 2

August 16, 2006








Thanks for sticking with me guys. Here is Part 2 of my SYTYCD Finale posting. I hope you enjoy and please read through to the end for some other tidbits I'd like you to be aware of...


Heidi Solo and retrospective: Look at Heidi changing it up on us when votes aren't at stake. I like this new Heidi but it makes me wonder why we never saw this version of Cousin Heidi during the regular competition. Remember weeks back when we all thought she was a little bit Sandy from "Grease"?

Well look out kids, she's back! It's great to see Heidi in so many routines; it really showcases her versatility and growth in the competition. I can't imagine a Final 4 without her honestly. Look, Cat's gonna talk with Heidi about what it means to be in the... HEIDI WAS JUST ELIMINATED FROM THE COMPETITION! What? Wow. Seriously, this is how you wanna roll Cat? Low. Surprisingly though, Cousin Heidi seemed to have a speech prepared. Me thinky they gave Heidi the heads up.

More commentary: “I think her Vag actually hit and ground and bounced back up” "Her hair really is the best its ever been." "We need to call that move something..." "How about Heidi’s Vag Drop?" "Perfect!"

“I Love Rock and Roll” by Joan Jett



Travis is up next. Wait, last time someone came on stage she got the boot! OMG, GMMR and I are freaking out! Silent Screams...


Calm yourself...

Phew, it was just time for his “favorite” routine from this season. Breathe...

The Paso Doble – Good God that opening is hot hot hot! I remember now, this was the routine that really brought Heidi home for me. This is really one of the first moments where we got to see her skills with a real partner (sorry Ryan)… A great shining moment for both Travis and Heidi. Imagine what it was like for her to perform after just being told she was a loser? Sad, but man is she a trooper. They finish the dance and Cat turned into Maia Rudolph playing Donatella Versace... "GET OUUUUUUT!" She couldn't rush those two off the stage faster. High-sterical. I laughed for minutes.


“The Plaza of Execution” from Zorro


Donyelle’s Solo and Retrospective: Well folks, I think we know what this means don't we? This one hurts because I really truly madly deeply adore Donyelle. It was interesting to hear how she had quit dancing prior to the competition.


Mia’s crying... I'm crying... Mia's still going at it (and I love that she just threw her arms up in the air like “Here I Go Again With the Crying!”). Donyelle, you will be missed.

“I’m Free” by Amber


America, we have our Top 2 dancers! TRANJI!!!

Brian’s Favorite Pick: Seriously, that jacket? Brian... guess what fashion statement won't be making our "favorite" list? Whew that thing is awful. I'm talking worse than that old man on So You Think You Can Dance India...


Brian's trying to gather himself after Donyelle’s departure. I'm trying to gather myself because I just remembered that this was the dance that made me fall in love with My BF Travis Wall. It was during this dance that he became My BF! Sure he doesn't know we're dating but that doesn't matter... Look at his cute moves, finger wags, and little broadway happy cat leaps. Kisses, Smooch, Smooch!

More commentary: “Look at that coat” “She’s so frickin' jacked” “How good is this ice cream by the way” "I love him..."

“Steam Heat” from Fosse



Benji’s Solo and Retrospective: Is he not doing his typical swing? I'm really liking this Cousin's switch-up tonight… OH NO, Benji just mouthed the words of the song to the camera... I don't care for that at all. I'm so taken out of this routine, he might as well be discussing Nuclear Physics. I could care less now.

More commentary: “You must lose for that!” “That's so not right... who does that?” “He knows he didn’t win... look at him, his spirit is diminished”

“Never Knew” by The Rocket Summer


Ah, time for My Baby's Solo and Retrospective: Wow, its been quite the ride. I've had to make some sacrifices for My BF Travis Wall but it's all worth it. Look at what a patootie he is: “I’ve got some talent, I’ve got some hope, And Look at my smile”. Some incredible routines were shown and as always, he ends his solo with a signature screwball move... this time it's called: Big Waves Little Tea Pot

“Wonderful” by Annie Lenox


We held hands the three of us… this is it. Oh hell, a break and I totes forgot about Fergie...


Can we discuss for a second? There are two things that need to be brought up:
(1) Why does Fergie no longer look like that little blonde white girl from Kids Incorporated?
(2) Why does she look like a Tranny? Seriously, put her up next to Alexis Arquette (no, not Ben aka Pre-Pre-Op Alexis Arquette) and they look the same. she's so masculine and harsh. I get that she's jacked and all but damn girl needs to start on some hormone injections to either complete or end the transition. Hello!


Seriously another dance? I'm freaking out Fox, just announce the winner already! Jesus! Fine, I accept... The Top 10 are doing Tyce’s Broadway routine to "Cell Block Tango." Yes it was so much better this time around! Yes, they focused on Travis too much - could be telling of his win (wish wish)… or maybe not. Yes it was hot when Travis and Jailbait Ivan have their little gay moment on stage. I get it, but the winner. Hold on, Ivan and Travis... that’s hot.

“Cell Block Tango” from Chicago


Dan Karaty's Favorite dance: Tranji! Shane Sparks says he knew these were the final 2 from the beginning... I have to believe him. By Week 2 we all knew one of these two guys would be taking home the prize (please be Travis, please be Travis). As much as I adore the routine and these two contestants, the first time they did this was so much better. Something was off tonight. There were uncompleted movements and the ending knock-out was nowhere near as dramatic or airborne as last time.

More commentary: “They were like Fire and Fire!” "What does that even mean?" “Make Out, Make Out!” “I think Carson Kreesly dressed Brian tonight”


The Moment of Truth America:
After 15 Weeks; 30 Hours of TV; almost 70 MM Votes; Umpteen Mary Screams; 1 Single Hand Puppet Scream; 1 Double Hand Puppet Scream; 2 Brian Freidman Howler Mary Imitations; Countless injuries; millions of broken hearts; and 1 TV Boyfriend Later...

The Winner of So You Think You Can Dance 2006 is...

Trav *record scratches, dishes break, my glasses crack; a car slams through the livingroom wall*

Benji Schwimmer...


I need a moment.

Uh-huh.

Okay.

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Benji! I love me some Tranji and I even loved me some Bendi and Benyelle but my heart was set on Travis winning. It took me til this morning to overcome the fog and daze I was in but now I can officially say I am happy for Benji Schwimmer. The first step is acceptance, right?

The kid is a born entertainer and a complete professional. He made us laugh, he made us cry, he made us scream in delight and at times he even made us chant his name! The boy has magical powers over the American audience and for that I applaude him.

He can now add SYTYCD Winner to his list of accomplishments! I don't know where this fits on that belt (King of Swing is pretty hard to beat if you're asking me) but regardless, Benji is Amazing!

Congratulations to Benji, Cousin Heidi and the rest of the brood... that families got some good stock, huh?


Now let's discuss My BF Travis Wall shall we? Even though I was fetal and tearing my hair out over the outcome, My BF was up there taking a bow like a true champion and consumate professional! He danced his ass off over the last few months. He grew as a dancer, as a performer, and as a person. He opened up and let us see his personality and really showcased his skills as the weeks progressed. Nigel and Company said it numerous times, Travis was technically the best dancer in the competition... unfortch this show is not about finding the best it's about finding the favorite.

One final question: How long before its announced that Travis has been hired for Celine's "A New Day" Vegas Extravaganza? Mia did say she would be happy to work with Travis for the rest of her life... Put up or shut up Mia!


I want to thank all the readers who have frequented this site in honor and support of this show. Many new Ducky fans were made (I hope) and I really wanted to express my gratitude and extend a couple offers to you. First I hope you will continue coming back as the Fall season progresses. Let me know which shows you'd like me to cover and I will do my darndest to do so.

ALL FANS AND TOUR GOER'S:
As we all know the Tour begins on Sept. 12th in Seattle, WA and Ducky needs your help! I've begun looking for Tour Correspondents in as many cities as humanly possible. I will be posting Tour updates, information, recaps and photos from across the country with your help!

I would like this to be a home for those fans eagerly anticipating Tour info and gossip throughout the Fall! If you plan on attending a show in any of the Tour cities and would like to keep So You Think You Can Dance in the media for a while longer please let me know.

I would like to get one "correspondent" from each city on the tour if possible. At the moment we have 5 cities covered which means there are plenty spots left.
For more information and to sign up please click here! Obviously I want you to come back and come back often and with these Tour updates I hope to also bring you exclusive interviews with certain castmembers! Details are still rolling in... And come back next week for what will hopefully be exciting news for fans and for Ducky!


You guys are amazing! Again, thanks for an amazing summer and we'll see you in a couple weeks as the Tour gets underway! A special thanks to rickey.org and Sabrina Rojas Weiss at TVGuide Online for all their videos, photos, interviews, and support of the show.

Speaking of Finale Videos (courtesy of rickey.org):






































All videos posted by rickey.org, please visit his site as he always provides great screencaps and videos from our favorite show (SYTYCD) and other reality faves.

7 Comments:

  • Loved reading your commentary during SYTYCD. Keep up the great work! I'll be checking on you often!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8/17/2006 04:17:00 PM  

  • I knew Travis wasn't going to win but i'm happy anyways, Benji is great. His reaction (Travis) was amazing!

    This is not the end for him!

    Thank you for your wonderful recaps, I loved them and I'll keep reading your blog!

    (check out my website! squee!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/17/2006 05:33:00 PM  

  • Marie, you know I always love your Travis goodies and um, does Travis know you stole his identity? HAHA!

    ScoobaSteve, thanks for the link. Yeah I linked to these earlier yesterday morning but these ones are bigger. Wow. This is not the boy the Travis i know and love!

    Kristi, thanks for the kind words, now get thee back soon!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 8/18/2006 09:25:00 AM  

  • Hey Ducky! I found your blog through the SYTYCD tvguide blog and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the awesome commentary! You are hilarious and it's been a ton of fun reading all the spoilers:D I look forward to the scoop on the tour...especially since the tour stop closest to me sold out in 30 minutes *tear* and this poor college student has no money for e-bay tickets ($525--say what?!?)
    Anywho, thanks again! :)

    By Blogger Dani*, at 8/18/2006 01:08:00 PM  

  • I'm hella late (I just got to see the finale last night), but Benji said "thank you" during his solo (still cheesy). He didn't mouth the words. :) I only found your blog about 2 weeks ago...I'm sad about that. Sorry about Your BF Travis Wall!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/20/2006 11:18:00 AM  

  • LOVED your recaps!

    How on fire was Donyelle after her hair came down during the Broadway number?! It looked like her adrenaline kicked in. It was a sight to behold. I'm glad she went out with a bang. And let me just say: best exit speech...EVER.

    Let me know if you need someon to cover the Oakland tour stop....

    By Blogger Trish, at 8/21/2006 02:15:00 PM  

  • Hey dani' glad you've come on over from TVGO. I hope you'll stick around for a while.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 8/21/2006 08:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home