duckyxdale

9/22/2006

The Office Season 3 Premiere

First thoughts because seriously I've watched it twice now and I don't know what to write about. I'm sure before the weekend is over I'll have watched it a couple more times to absorb the more subtle moments. There are so many brilliant things going on in this episode and I want to ensure it all gets in there. Hell, I should just post the script for the episode, that would be easier.

OSCAR GETS OUTED!

"Faggy"

"I watch The L Word and Queer as F&%K" -- "That's not what it's called..."

Angela whips out the anti-bacterial hand sanitizer (don't wanna catch the AIDS Angela).

Dwight not understanding that gay men don't always wear women's clothing.

"She's hard and cold, she could be a gay woman..."

Creed's "a man may have slipped in, there's no way of knowing" comment! Spit take!

Michael proving a point after being called out and demanding a kiss from Oscar.

Even better, Pam's horrified face during the whole ordeal.

But better yet, Dwight continually trying to be like Michael. His step up to kiss Oscar was BRILLIANCE!

"That's what she said... and HE said."


JIM'S GONE!

Rashida Jones mimicking Jim's camera glances (genius) and her "What is that?" had me rolling!

"Big Tuna"

How quickly the calculator in the jello went wrong! Jim's shaking the head "no" to the camera in fear.

I love that Jim's new branch has to have a sexual harassment refresher coarse because of "another incident at the Scranton branch" - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"I miss that"


OTHER GOODIES:

Dwight's fake cry-fest over Jim's leaving and the first scream on my part... "FALSE"

Stanley's toaster rant - his drawl just slays me.

"Fish or Chicken"

Roy's Mug Shot deserved a "replay" 3x and his tearing up while talking about losing Pam was amazing. David Denman is looking damn fine!


I'm sure I'm missing many things but off the top of my head these are the things that moved me most. Any fear I had going into this Season 3 opener were instantly squelched. They are back and in better than ever form. I can't wait to see where they go next. God its good. GMMR must have died.

How long before Jim's new branch goes under and the two branches are forced to merge like in the British version? I hope not too long, I can't stand having them apart for too long. Oh, how much did that Pam laugh and glance to Ryan break your heart? Or the last shot of her smiling quietly as the Gaydar came out of the box? Ahhhhhhhh...


5 Comments:

  • Rashida Jones was genius...surely you jest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/22/2006 01:52:00 PM  

  • nope. I thought her part was super funny. I replayed it 2x because both Jon and I laughed at her calling Jim out!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 9/22/2006 02:57:00 PM  

  • I thought Jim's new branch was the main branch, so I doubr it will close down unless the whole company goes under.

    I also say that I love Jones here too. I was irritated when she just disappeared from Boston Public with a cheesy explaination so it's nice to see her again.

    By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 9/22/2006 06:22:00 PM  

  • Yeah... Just let me know when you find the funny parts in that entire episode.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/24/2006 05:52:00 PM  

  • Dear Anon, I know your first name begins with a J and your last with an M and you middle name sounds like TWUNT?

    It was so funny you DB.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 9/25/2006 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home