duckyxdale

9/19/2006

Studio 60 - Pilot

This right here is pretty much the best 4 minutes of television in years.



I found the premiere to be frantic but not overbearing. I found it funny without being snippy. I found the flow of dialogue to be incredibly relaxed and flawless in delivery. I found myself wanting to watch the show again... for the third time! I found Matthew Perry to be charming and so NOT Chandler. I found Amanda Peet surprisingly likeable and I'm rooting for her! I found myself wanting to actually see what Studio 60 produces because it can't be worse than SNL. I found that I wasn't annoyed by Sarah Paulson's lisp nor was I turned off by Bradley Whitford's hair. I found Judd Hirsch to be unbelievably brilliant and the comparisons to Network are spot on and incredibly relevant today.

I will tune in again and again.

5 Comments:

  • I do not claim to be much of a TV expert, however I think that this show is one of the top shows so far this season. It's smart and it didn't have the awkwardness of most pilots. I think that the idea is great, the casting is smooth and it speaks loudly of the many FCC dilemas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2006 09:33:00 AM  

  • Look at the big brains on Jenn! Sister, I couldn't agree more.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 9/20/2006 10:40:00 AM  

  • I enjoyed the pilot as well. Reminded me of Sports Night (which I loved) and not West Wing (which I never watched). I didn't find Amanda Peet so annoying and thought Matthew Perry did a great job of showing us he can be someone other than Chandler Bing. There is a lot of potential as well with the supporting cast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2006 11:25:00 AM  

  • Liked the show, didn't love Amanda Peet's hair style - the things that matter, right?

    By Blogger boredom blogger, at 9/20/2006 11:49:00 AM  

  • This show F'ing rocked. I was hooked and could not believe how fast the hour went by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2006 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home