duckyxdale

9/05/2006

Supernatural - Season 1 DVD Release

Every fall there is inevitably a show that I wish I had caught from the season prior. Battlestar Galactica, Veronica Mars, and Everwood are examples of this same yearly phenomenon.

This year the one show that stands out for me is Supernatural. I've never been a huge Gilmore Girls fan (though I do think its an amazing show and deserves more credit than it gets) so rushing out last fall to catch a show starring ex-GG guy Jared Padalecki wasn't at the top of my list. Adding to the reasons I didn't catch it, was the timeslot The WB placed it in. Too much already on in my tv world... I just couldn't add another new show.

Flashforward to late summer when I catch the Pilot of Season 1 and realize the show is sooooo up my alley. Having watched 7 seasons of Buffy and 5 of Angel I'm a fan of the creepy crawly monster of the week format with a laundry list of backstory and mythology attached... I needed to watch this show STAT!

I'm currently making my way through the first season and am glad to announce that I'm hooked and that I absolove the show. On top of that I think Jared might be my new boyfriend. Sorry Travis Wall!

Today, Tuesday September 5th, Supernatural Season 1 came out on DVD and everyone needs to rush out asap in hopes of catching up before Season 2 premieres on The CW September 28th!


The Winchester boys need our help in promoting the DVDs and Season 2!


To wet our appetites for Season 2, here is the new CW Promo:

2 Comments:

  • I've been forced to watch this show many times by the folks at Supernatural.tv. The show is fantastic.

    The relationship between the two brothers is only heightened by the outrageous circumstances they face.

    And the show is actually scary. I am on the edge of my seat during most episodes. It is perfectly atmospheric.

    And it's "whet your appetite." As in, to sharpen. Like a knife against a whetstone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/05/2006 04:38:00 PM  

  • Just warn you, the show's finale was one of the worst finale's I've ever seen. Lost season one finale wasn't as frustrating.

    By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 9/05/2006 09:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home