duckyxdale

4/06/2006

duckyxdale
is on hiatus - for a couple days!
Okay so not for like a really long extended period of time or anything but for a couple days. Today is thursday and I have not watched Veronica Mars, Lost, or ANTM. I won't be able to catch the premiere of Degrassi either which pains me. I hope to be back in the swing of things by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest with some recap action.
Reasoning? Last night (wed) was the awards ceremony celebrating Meryl Streep at the theatre I work for. Its an old art-deco indie movie house from the 1930's and every year we give out an award to someone in cinema that embraces the true artform of cinema. This year we hit up Meryl! It was an amazing event with obviously Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline, Chris Cooper, John C. Reilly, Robert Altman, Susan Orlean, Charlie Kaufman and more. It was unreal! I'm not going to go into it all because seriously it would be a VMars Bloggers Press Day recap like tome.
I will however give you my favorite moment of the night and most ridiculous television cross-over. It's 8:30 and the red carpet is going strong. Kevin Kline just finished with the media and is walking past me and Meryl Streep is like 5 feet away when I hear the Media Coordinator Laurann scream out "Mandisa Was Kicked Off 'Idol'" Suddenly everyone is gasping and screaming about Manfuckingdisa as Kevin Kline walks by. My partner comes by and hears us and laughingly says: "Seriously the biggest movie star of all time is about to come through and you're all talking about Mandisa..." Well yeah! It was high-sterical!
My other reason for not watching shows or blogging for a couple days is that this weekend I will participate for the 3rd year in The 48 Hour Film Project. An international film competition where you have 48 hours to write, direct, score, and edit a short film. It's scary tiring and sometimes brutal but it is always a blast! So that begins at 7pm on Friday night and ends at 7pm Sunday night! Basically from Fri to Sun I don't sleep I eat breathe live and drink guerilla filmmaking for better or for worse! Wish me luck!
thanks y'all!
duckyxdale

3 Comments:

  • hope the 48 hour film project went well. Also, thought you might find this interesting

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/07/stage.streep.reut/index.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/09/2006 06:07:00 PM  

  • Love Meryl! The 48HFP went really well - better than expected actually.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 4/10/2006 10:53:00 AM  

  • Way to go duckyxdale! Nice article and your quote was great. Thanks for sharing.

    Tube Talk Girl
    www.tubetalk.blogspot.com

    By Blogger tube talk girl, at 4/10/2006 01:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home