duckyxdale

5/16/2006

CW Rumors Enrage Me!

Rumor has it that the CW will announce the cancellation of the incredible and way underrated "Everwood" on Thursday. This pisses me off beyond belief. Are they blind? Do they not know how dedicated people are to Amy and Ephram, Bright and Hannah, Andy and Nina, Harold and Rose, Irv and Edna? We've invested 4 years of our lives into this small town and now the CW is thinking of offing it and in the process resurrecting some holy roller shit like "7th Heaven"? It's almost enough to send a man over...


What's this? They are probably only going to offer "Veronica Mars" a 13 episode order? Come on now. Sure it's good news, kinda. It better be with an option for the final back 9 if it does well.
This is ridiculous.


Hey Dawn Ostroff, hope it dries up and falls out.

5 Comments:

  • I have a friend who I will quote

    "But being American TV, of course NBC will milk it for 7 years, ruin it all and then we're left with who cares feelings like on Friends. That's the American way. This show should only be on for another year or two tops and then OFF THE AIR to end it properly without ruining it and commercializing it.

    END IT EARLY. That is the only key to actually making this a great show."

    Doesnt the same principle apply to Everwood?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2006 12:48:00 PM  

  • No because "Everwood" is just now getting better and better. But yes, you called me out!

    You will quickly learn there is no rhyme or reason for anything I do. It's all impulse. Right now, I'm not ready to give it up. It's about me afterall.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 5/16/2006 02:05:00 PM  

  • I am so pissed about the Everwood news I keep hearing. This has Les Moonves written all over it. I've been a fan of too many CBS shows to think differently. He single-handedly canceled my Joan of Arcadia last year b/c "talking to ghosts skews younger than talking to God," he personally fired an actress on one of my fav shows (it was a good move, but still) and he supposively got Reba canned this year and I strongly believe that he is a lot of the reason that VM just got renewed. In other words, whatever Les wants, he gets. Of course, I agree with some of his decisions, but not all. What I want to know, is where is the "W" (as in Warner Bros.) in the CW? Why haven't they done anything to help Everwood??

    By Blogger TVFan, at 5/16/2006 03:18:00 PM  

  • tvfan is all riled up folks! Watch out! I agree, though if you were here in Boston this weekend you could have asked him in person. He was the speaker at Boston University's graduation ceremony. Should have come up and confronted the man!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 5/16/2006 03:39:00 PM  

  • Damn straight! ;-) I'm sure at Thursdays upfronts, he'll come up with something snappy like:

    "I think trashy teens skew younger than well-told stories"

    or

    "I think talking while having sex skews younger than talking about the consequences of sex."

    Of course, the first reference is to One Tree Hill.

    By Blogger TVFan, at 5/16/2006 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home