duckyxdale

11/09/2006

Men In Tree's Follows Grey's

Does this mean I have to start watching Crazy Heche and her Alaskan Men in Trees? I curse the ABC gods for handing me yet another show to watch! I knew it was a show I'd like if given the chance, and til now I'd not been given the chance... but starting at the end of the month, Crazy Heche follows Philandering Meredith and Co.

Beginning November 30, ABC will air Men in Trees, which stars Anne Heche as a New York fish in Alaskan water, on Thursday's at 10 p.m. following Grey's Anatomy. The show will replace Six Degrees, a drama that has struggled in the ratings against ER and Shark.

Trees has averaged 7 million viewers in its Friday night 9 p.m. berth. The show is from former Sex and the City writer Jenny Bicks.

Six Degrees will return to the schedule in January. The show, which tells the tale of New Yorkers whose lives are intertwined in mystical ways, has struggled against a resurgent ER on NBC and a solid Shark on CBS.

The network will air a repeat of last week's Desperate Housewives in the spot tonight. ABC has made no announcement as to what will air in Trees vacated Friday slot or what it will air in the Thursday slot for the remainder of the November sweeps period.

The addition of well-reviewed Trees to Thursday ups the ante on the night even more. Grey's and CSI already duke it out in a clash of ratings titans, and NBC recently announced it would move the Tina Fey comedy 30 Rock to the night to form an all-comedy block reminiscent of its "must see TV" glory days.

ABC had originally planned to pair trees with fellow freshman Ugly Betty on Fridays, forming a "women's night" of TV. As the fall season approached, the network decided to move Betty to Thursday, where it has flourished.

6 Comments:

  • Tisk tisk, you HAVEN'T BEEN watching the best new Cotton candy show? you'll love it and it fits PERFECTLY with Ugly Betty and Grey's. Seriously, I know I'm supposed to look forward to Studio 60, Heroes and The Nine but I actually REALLY look forward to watching Ugly Betty, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters AND Men in Trees (hehe).

    By Blogger Vance, at 11/10/2006 08:45:00 AM  

  • I work Friday nights at this indie movie house so I only tivo things that night (Degrassi, Dr. Who, Battlestar) and this was never on the radar though I know I'd love it if I watched it.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 11/10/2006 11:07:00 AM  

  • Well, BSG and Degrassi, okay. I'll give you that, and I hear ya on that second job thing, but ducky... still. Isnt that what Tivo is for? Shame... I thought you were a much better TV watcher than that!?! Well, at least now you can play catch up to Emily Bergl and Derek Richardson's cute-as-a-button romance on Men in Trees.

    By Blogger Vance, at 11/10/2006 01:19:00 PM  

  • Beginning November 30, ABC will air Men in Trees, which stars Anne Heche as a New York fish in Alaskan water, on Thursday's at 10 p.m. following Grey's Anatomy. The show will replace Six Degrees, a drama that has struggled in the ratings against ER and Shark.

    By Blogger micheal, at 10/16/2008 02:10:00 AM  

  • I love to Watch Men in Trees TV Show. The storyline of this show is great and very interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/06/2010 07:29:00 AM  

  • I have seen this full show online. Now I am watching Glee Episodes Online. Its also superb show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/07/2011 02:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home