duckyxdale

12/07/2006

America's Next Top Model Cycle 7 Winner Is...

Cari Dee

Well folks, Cycle 7 was not ANTM's best but it sure provided hours and hours of entertainment and really solidified itself as The CW's main staple. I thoroughly enjoyed this cycle even though I thought it was was lacking a clear winner set of knock out winners at the beginning.

If you recall, I had originally picked AJ as my winner and Cari Dee was in my Top 3 as was Melrose (and those twins dipped in and out week to week). When AJ turned into a flop, it was clear that the two favorites were Cari Dee and Melrose. They were also my Top 2 though you know I loved me some twins and still think deep down that one of them would have been more of a model than Cari Dee or Melrose will ever be. They just have this edgy androgenous look to them that is so fashion as where Cari Dee and Melrose look like pretty blonde "everyday" models. Nothing special.

That being said... Congratulations to Cari Dee who managed in the end to have multiple meltdowns, reveal she was suicidal, and showed us the face of evil on that final runway showdown. She worked hard; as hard as Melrose and I was happy to see either of them win.

I was sitting at GMMR's house while watching the finale (she'll claim she knew Cari Dee would win all along, but in truth her "all along" was only that hour because the girl had never seen the show before) and man we were rolling at some of the crazy finale moments. The boobs on Tyra, Ms. Jay's always insane antics, the ridiculous color of Jay Manual's hair which just gets crazier and crazier silver each week, the explaination of Cycle 6 winner's name change "I'm now Dani" - um, okay. But we never laughed more than when Cari Dee and Melrose had that fierce stare down and Cari Dee's heel ripped right through Melrose's dress! High-sterical because the second Melrose got off stage she pitched a fit. Girl, pull it together already its so not like Cari tried to sabotage you. Deal.

I also realized that I don't think there has ever been a final two that hated each other as much as Cari Dee and Melrose did. Usually there is some sense of comraderie and friendship in those final moments; maybe some hand holding even. Not between these two. After Cari Dee was announced there was not even a "congratualtions" or a fake hug or nothing. I appreciated that. They both stayed true blue bitch! It was refreshing.

Before I end, could Twiggy have said "Loose Canon" one more time? Seriously it was OOC. Twiggy, we get it - damn girl.

My two favorite lines of the night are below:

Ms. Jay (talking about Cari Dee's runway show): "She was Runway Bride of Chucky"

Jay Manual: "I think everyone at this table is unpredictible..."
Tyra: "Child, I ain't unpredictible. You know I'm gonna have a hair weave, a bunch of make up on, and a dress cinched up at my waist."


Next week is ANTM: British Invasion - which is? Who knows but I'll tune in.

Until Cycle 8 which at this time has no air date due to the story editor/writers strike that took place during the summer and beginning of Cycle 7. They've begun filming and may have actually even finished but come January, Beauty and The Geek takes the place of ANTM. Here's to hoping the springtime brings us more Tyra and more crazy ass beauties.

5 Comments:

  • I liked Cari, i'm happy she won. But I agree, the twins are better models. Well now, what am I going to do? I don't really watch any of the other shows you talk about on your blog -_-"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/08/2006 09:32:00 PM  

  • I'm super glad that Cari Dee won and NOT Melrose. My personal opinion is that Michelle (and only Michelle was the best model). Even Tyra admitted that Michelle could have won. Personally I don't feel that the twins can even remotely be viewed in the same light. Michelle was edgy, amazzzzzing, androgynous and would make a very profound top model. Amanda weak, timid, un-attractive & turned out poor photos. (While Michelle's were always top-notch).

    The VERY best twist would have been to send AMANDA home. Tell Michelle to pump UP the volume and see what would have fallen into place. It would have been best to see Michelle in the top 3. Even the top 2 - to see what would have been turned out.

    However, each show is not looking for a high fashion model. Even though they speak as if they are.

    :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/07/2007 12:03:00 AM  

  • i am happy that Caridee won but i wanted for michelle to win though! i thought if they sent i think it was amanda home then michelle might feel like she has no other "buddies" to back her up...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/04/2007 12:50:00 AM  

  • I WATCHED THE WHOLE OF CYCLE 7,AND LOVED THE TWINS they WERE VERY DIFFERENT LOOKING. THE LAST ONE ,MICHLE WAS ELIMINATED,i ONLY CAME ON THE WEB SITE TO SEE WHO WON. I am little confused,is it cycle 8 or 9 now.They posted a winner of cycle 8???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2007 06:26:00 PM  

  • Cari Dee is no model. The twins were far better and they should have been picked. It would have been great to see them in ads. This was the only season that was really dissappointing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/20/2008 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home