duckyxdale

5/24/2006

"Lost's" Ethan and Bits of Artz Help Kids?

On Saturday, May 20, for the second year in a row, fans of ABC's castaway drama "Lost" gathered in the Los Angeles area to meet with producers and cast from the show and bid on "Lost"-related items to raise money for the Children's Defense Fund, a favorite charity of show co-creator J.J. Abrams.

The only cast members on hand were William Mapother, who appeared in seasons one and two as the now-deceased Ethan Rom, a member of the mysterious "Others" on the island where the doomed Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 crashed, and Daniel Roebuck, who played castaway Mr. Artz, a high-school teacher who met an unfortunate end late in season one while handling dynamite.

"I blewed up real good," jokes Roebuck, who spent the evening circulating among the fans, taking photos and handing out personalized, signed photos of himself as Artz. He also auctioned off a lunch with himself, which took place the next day.Asked why he answered the invitation, Roebuck says, "I have a lot of blessings in my life. I do exactly what I've wanted to do since I was a kid, and I recognize that I can sometimes serve. I have to give back.

Click here to continue reading the article >>

*They picked the right person for teaching Children Defense! Ethan kidnaps and kills poor saps stuck on a freaky ass island after their plane has been ripped apart in midair and they fall from the sky! Perfect choice! He's the scariest person to put with kids! Wow.

I hear that Charles Manson is opening a lukemia center next week and the week after that Andrea Yates is teaching a seminar on how to swim at The Y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home