duckyxdale

6/09/2006

A/V Club Picks 13 Worst TV Characters

Here are the Top 13:
1. Scrappy Doo (Scooby Doo)
2. Cousin Oliver (Brady Bunch)
3. Dawn Summers (Buffy)
4. Livia Soprano (The Sopranos)
5. Barney (That Purple Thing)
6. Urkel (Family Matters)
7. Pikachu (Pokemon)
8. Pat (SNL)
9. Ross (Friends)
10. Brenda Walsh (90210)
11. James (Twin Peaks)
12. Coy & Vance (Dukes of Hazzard)
13. Wesley Crusher (Star Trek: TNG)


Now, I don't have a super strong opinion one way or the other to a chunk of their picks but I do have to take issue with some of them. Shall we?

3. Dawn Summers - No way is she one of the most annoying characters EVER on television. She was whiny and a pain but she was also a great plot device, a laughable singer, and a clepto... that says something about a girl... she's got character and spunk! I never minded Dawn. I know people scream "SHUT UP DAWN" every time she comes on screen at the Buffy Sing-A-Longs kinda like "Damnit Janet" at Rocky Horror or something (and that makes me giggle) but I feel bad for Dawn Summers.

9. Ross - Seriously? Remember "PIV-OTT"? That alone makes him so far from the worst character ever. Oh and also, his fake upset "Oh..Oh... Oh... FINE BY ME" from The "on a break" episode! What about "I Think I Made Paste" moment? "Get Off My Sister"? I loved Ross and the way Schwimmer portrayed him I don't care what those A/V Geeks say!

10. Brenda - She was a bitch, sure but wouldn't you be if you're brother was a goody goody, your best friends can afford new noses, new clothes, and new cars when you can barely afford a brush? Come on now! You try moving from Minnesota to Beverly Hills and see what happens bitches!

11. James Hurley - Mouthing "I want you rock back inside my heart"... HOT BUSINESS! James was a conflicted fella who looked damn good in leather! Sure he was a little stiff but so was I while watching him! OHHHHH! I never minded James and he softened with Maddie! Lara Flynn Boyle will make anyone unbearable so don't be hatin on James Hurley!


Where's Dr. Burke? Where's Ted - yes, we've met him!? Where are those bastard twins of Lynette's? Where's Susan or Gaby for that matter? There are a lot more characters on television that deserve the title of "the worst"... share your thoughts!

To read the whole A/V Club Selection and their reasons, click here.

3 Comments:

  • Hell no. James Hurley?! I was in LOVE with him. He was so quiet and sensitive and the fact that Laura Palmer dated both him and bad-boy Bobby just showed how conflicted she was. I also agree with you about Ross -- annoying at times, yes, but still hysterical. And Livia Sporano was such a great character -- mean as hell but much-needed comic relief on the show.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/12/2006 11:26:00 AM  

  • There was nothing funnier about Livia than when they put her disembodied head onto someone else's body after she died! THAT WAS AWKWARD! Much!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 6/12/2006 11:48:00 AM  

  • I just plain hated Dawn. Completely, so I've gotta disagree with you on that one, Ducky.

    But while I do really dislike Ross, he doesn't necessarily belong on a Most Annoying Ever list.

    Okay, and you mentioned a couple of DH characters (most notably Susan McPratfall) so I'd like to add John The Gardener. Never did a single useful thing on that show.
    Hmm... is it just me or are the characters on the list either dead or on shows that are over, avoiding the awkward chance that they get redeemed and become less annoying?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2006 05:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home