duckyxdale

7/03/2006

Whoops, The 4400

So I somehow missed last nights conclusion to the 2 part episode about Maia's abduction on The 4400. How? I was out until 10:30 last night and when I got home I noticed that the show had not recorded. I had assumed it was set as a "series record" but to my surprise... it's so not. Whoops!

A little secret I'll let you all in on... I have the weakest softspot for the character Maia. I normally abhor child actors and the characters they play but there is something about Conchita Campbell's portrayal of Maia Rutledge that just ruins me. I always feel sad for her. I am always on the verge of crying when bad things happen to her. I just want her to have a good life because up until now its really blown. She was abducted in the 1950's and returned 50 years later to no parents of family. She was a little scared girl with some not so little scary powers and I instantly loved her.

Now, three years later I still want to be protective of her because she's had a really hard life! Last season when she became close to Diana's sister (the horrid actress Natasha Gregson Wagner) it was sweet... until that sister turned into a raving bitch and Diana sent her away leaving Maia alone without a full family again. Diana's been dating cutie patootie Marco so Maia has some form of immediate family again, but in the back of my head I will always know she truly is alone in this world.

Hope came last week when she was introduced to who was supposed to be her long lost sister. She was so happy to have a real family connection that she blacked out the possibility of it being a scam. And scam it was! In reality, the woman posing as Maia's sister was really a human from the future who has been abducting 4400 children because the swiftness of change the original 4400's were supposed to put into action when they were returned is not happening and the future of mankind is still in jeopardy. Maia, being the most powerful is to be sent back in time to another time period so that the change they need to reverse the end times must happen sooner. So in a way, she a savior but really folks she's a 10 year old girl that's been ripped from 1950, then returned in 2003 only to now be transplanted somewhere else in time.

Maia was strapped into a medical table and sent (kicking and screaming) to another time... she's lost in space once again. Alone. It breaks my heart!

I'm lame. I know...

4 Comments:

  • This is one of those shows that I wish I had started watching when it first premiered. Now I feel like it would be too hard to just pick up and start watching. Same goes for BSG :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/03/2006 11:48:00 AM  

  • First off, BSG has only had 2 seasons and it doesn't come back until October. You have time to catch up. All of the miniseries, season 1, and half of season 2 is already on DVD. The rest of season 2 is on iTunes and is coming out on DVD this fall. You sooooo have time to catch up.

    As for 4400, you could totes catch up... its not THAT involving. Give it a shot.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/03/2006 11:53:00 AM  

  • Saw part 2 on Sunday night. Interesting outcome, but I won't ruin it for you in case you can catch it during the week. I believe it airs again at some point.

    By Blogger Sue, at 7/04/2006 10:33:00 AM  

  • Thanks Sue for not spoiling the ending! It's on again tomorrow night at midnight so I've already set it to record!

    And Welcome Sue!

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/04/2006 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home