duckyxdale

7/10/2006

My Idol Boyfriend Chris Daughtry Signs Record Deal!


After turning down a spot in the band Fuel to pursue recording opportunities as a solo artist, Chris Daughtry has made the decision pay off.

The fourth-place finisher on this year's "American Idol" has signed a contract with 19 Recordings/RCA Records, following the footsteps of winner Taylor Hicks and runner-up Katharine McPhee. The 19 label is an arm of "Idol" creator Simon Fuller's company, 19 Entertainment.Daughtry's ouster from "American Idol" on May 10 -- he'd been considered a favorite for much of the competition -- was among the bigger shocks in the FOX show's five-season history. Within a few days of his elimination, members of Fuel had offered him a spot as their new singer, based largely on Daughtry's performance of the group's song "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)" on the show.

He turned the offer down, though, saying he'd prefer to be "doing my own thing."The 26-year-old will instead form his own band and is already working with "A-list collaborators" in writing and recording the album. RCA expects the record to be in stores by the end of the year.

*source: zap2it.com

3 Comments:

  • If I actually listened to the radio I'd be pissed that another kareoke castoff was taking away valueable airtime from artists who don't need to go on a reality show to get a record contract. Thank God my iPod.

    Now if you will excuse me, I just got my Carrie Underwood CD in the mail today and I need to rip it to my computer.

    By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 7/11/2006 07:26:00 PM  

  • Carrie Underwood... Scooter, just let "Jesus Take The Wheel" and all will be well. What crap is that you and she are spouting.

    I'm out.

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/11/2006 11:41:00 PM  

  • I believe it's called Midwestern values. You people on the coast won't understand.

    Oh, yeah, and I'd totally hit that.

    By Blogger Scooter McGavin, at 7/12/2006 05:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home