duckyxdale

7/14/2006

So You Think You Can Dance
Results Show
July 14, 2006







Tonight's opening number is DISCO! If the show wasn't gay before tonight, girl it is now. Doreanna Sanchez worked a great fun and energetic routine complete with a rainbow of fruit flavored costumes, gold lame', and bulged out full b
ody suits. It too me until the end of the number when Benji walks to the back stairs to realize... WHERE IS DONYELLE? WTF?

Luckily as soon as the show started Cat explained that Donyelle's foot injury kept her from dancing for fun. Is it still the same toe issue mentioned last week? Does Donyelle have The Gout? Also announced, Wednesday night's competition show had more votes than the Season 1 finale! This little show that could is catching on friends! And its all because of the buzz on blogs, message boards, and the like!

We got the previous night's clip reel which is usually fast forward worthy but last night I just had to stick with it. Boy am I glad I did! Not only did we get a replay of the stunning Ivan/Allison/Annie Lenox number (which not kidding gave me the chills this time around) but it also gave us a catfight (if not fake) of Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding proportions! That Natalie, what a card!


First and Foremost Fans... The Changes In Store For Next Week:

  • Dancers will no longer be partnered in their current couplings.
  • Dancers will choose a random partner out of Cat's Hat.
  • Dancers will perform 2 Couples Dances and 1 Solo.
  • Each dancer will have their own 888-TEMPO line.
  • America now votes to keep the individuals they want.
  • Each week the Male and Female dancers with lowest votes are cast off the show.

Group 1:
Benji and Donyelle (who's decided to join us sans wheelchair - not that she's in a wheelchair but wouldn't that be a twist)
Dmitry and Ashlee - Bottom 3

Group 2:
Cousin Heidi and Forgettable Ryan (together they have a whole case of abs - you know, instead of a six pack - oh forget it...)
My BF Travis Wall and So I Think She Can't Dance Martha - Bottom 3

Group 3:

Ivan and Allison (who are seriously the crowd favorites for the 3rd week running)
Natalie and Musa - Bottom 3 (despite their efforts to color coordinate outfits)


Solo Routines:

Ashlee does a great popping number but unfortch its really cold and impersonal.

Dmitry HAS HIS SHIRT UNDONE LADIES AND GENTS! The dance is forgettable but his playful flirtation with Cat leaves us wanting more... ditties like this from the lass: "Mary you can have his hat, I've got him!" Meow! Saucer of Milk Table 9. Finally Nigel called Dmitry out for just dancing any combo as long as it shows off his chest. Thank you!

Martha - Is she a contemporary dancer? Is she is Cirque Du Soliel because she just leaped into the rafters! Someone told me she was a tapper? Is that not the case? I'm so confused as to why this dancer has never danced for us before. She's always been in Travis' shadow but here she looks decent. Huh. And finally, OMG I always assumed she was tall but next to Legs Cat she's nothing.

Travis does a great routine full of passion and the crowd went INSANE! His mother was in the audience, his desperate plea to save himself (along with crying - "Look Ma, No Tears!")... This scene made me very skeptical of my boyfriend Travis Wall; in the same breath he went from "My Mom is why I do this" to "America hasn't seen me dance yet." Travis honey, besides Benji - everyone knows you're in the running to win this thing.


*UPDATE: Travis solo has been found again. veoh took off for copyright infringement. I found it though.
Click on the pic to watch.


Natalie just stepped out of a 1987 video complete with day-glo eye makeup, big hair, and whorey outfit. The only thing missing was her bubble gum chomping and finger twirls. Jon looks over at me and goes: "Who's this whore?" Wow. But, he's kinda right and Nigel also called her out on it. I don't care what it was, I loved it - especially that diamond leg shape pop up and down around the floor!

Musa's up next and for the first time in my life I can honestly say Hip Hop works with Disco! If you take Musa and Ashlee's performances and compare them, Musa's was full of passion, heart, and he engaged the audience - Lady Shiva did not.


The Pointless Pussycat Dolls Musical Interlude. As you know, I tend to just breeze by these performances right to results but something Cat said caught my attention:

Cat: "Before they hit the charts, they started out as dancers..."

Yeah Cat, they were strippers. Talentless singers... Strippers. I know that the one girl (who reminds me of Nia Peoples for some reason) is the singer but what do those other skanks do? Pointless and it makes me sick that this is what girls have as role models. Sick.


Results:

The judges are not happy but they are unanimous. Going home are Ashlee and Musa.



*As always, check out my Competition Recap here.

4 Comments:

  • I was a little put off my Travis' antics last night. Drama Queen...chill out. I was sad to see Musa go home, but a bit surprised he made it that far. And what about Cat & Natalie's little chat? Seems that all isn't roses and tantric sex sessions for Natalie and Musa.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2006 09:58:00 AM  

  • Is anyone else concerned that the winner of this whole thing has to spend a year dancing in Celene Dion's Vegas show? Does that seem like a fair thing to do to "America's Favorite Dancer"?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2006 07:14:00 PM  

  • For many of these kids its probably an amazing opportunity. Sure you're tied to the deck of that ship as it sinks everynight, she bangs her chest, you drown but its a paycheck and exposure.

    I'm sure that the dancer that wins has the option of opting out like last years Nick kinda did (he rejected the NY digs and opted to stay in LA).

    By Blogger duckyxdale, at 7/15/2006 05:31:00 PM  

  • Allison and Ivan. I love these two! Hopefully Dmitry will be the next to go.

    By Blogger Rob!, at 7/16/2006 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home